cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband activation delay

Hi,

My broadband was due to go live yesterday (9th August). The line still hasn't gone live, and talking to support I have been told there has been 'a delay' and that I will be contacted within 72 hours.

Why do I have to wait 72 hours! This is a big problem for me, I work from home and rely heavily on internet access. BT have stopped providing me internet access as the switch-over date has passed. I already had a fibre connection so there should be no issues in switching it over. I have read on the forums that some people have waited a further three-weeks for their internet access! Surely there is some legal action we can take if this is the case? If people were left without gas or electricity for three weeks there definitely would!

Please let me know what further action I can take. Can I speak directly to the 'teir 2' group or do I really have to wait 72 hours for them to even contact me. I would like this issue addressed as soon as possible.

Many thanks
Paul (A very dissatisfied customer) 

34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im having similar issues. Activation date was yesterday, the online account says its all up and running. Not what I can see here. Its frustrating as I work from home a lot and this is affecting my work big time. Will wait for few more hours before I look fr another provider !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Same here. Was meant to be activated on the 31st August 2018 - when BT switched off their service. Still waiting.

As OpenReach provide the engineering service surely switching off & switching on of NowTV should be seamless from BT to NOWTV.

I truly believe this is breach of contract & pontless why NowTV just blames OpenReach when things go wrong. Why not just schedule things better, if you can't provide a service then say you can't & don't make promses you cannot keep. But I suppose you get the service you ask for. As customers we want the cheapest - then again I paid for the switch as I did not want a 12 month contract - and NowTV gets the level of support from OpenReach that it pays for.

Incredibly dissatisfied with the level of service from NowTV and will tell the world.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi

Same here. Was meant to be activated on the 31st August 2018 - when BT switched off their service. Still waiting.

As OpenReach provide the engineering service surely switching off & switching on of NowTV should be seamless from BT to NOWTV.

I truly believe this is breach of contract & pontless why NowTV just blames OpenReach when things go wrong. Why not just schedule things better, if you can't provide a service then say you can't & don't make promses you cannot keep. But I suppose you get the service you ask for. As customers we want the cheapest - then again I paid for the switch as I did not want a 12 month contract - and NowTV gets the level of support from OpenReach that it pays for.

Incredibly dissatisfied with the level of service from NowTV and will tell the world.

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am extremely sorry for this whole mess. I will send you an email with any relevant info you need regarding your order.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having this problm aswell.  My broadband was meant to go live on the 1st september and we are still waiting and aren't meant to get an update on our situation now until the 17th.  My wi fi box says it is on but the internet doesn't work, and the 17th is not even when it gets fixed just an update! i dont want to call and be on hold to Nowtv again for 50 minuts like last time, and then they dont give me any update like last time!

We moved in almost 2 weeks ago and have been having to use our mobile data the whole time.  What can i do to solve this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem, & misleading info on their help page:

Will my broadband work as soon as I move into my new home?

“We’ll do our best to make sure you don’t have to wait to use broadband in your new home.

To give us enough time to make sure your broadband is up and running when you move in, you should let us know about your move at least two weeks beforehand.

This is because we need to check a few things at your new address, including making sure the phone line is compatible with your broadband plan and organising an engineer visit (if needed).

An advisor will go over these details with you when you get in touch to let us know you’re moving.“

Every advisor I have spoken to said even with two weeks’ notice it would be two weeks after we move in to our new house until broadband  would be active & that that is their service level - always! So their statement above is utter rubbish & absolutely misleading, I first gave them notice on 8 December & they stated it would be active on 31 December.
I have rung several times since, & every time they’ve stated the same - 2 weeks to set up. Spoke to an adviser on 15 December & our go live date is now 7 January. Plusnet state they’ll have you up & running the day you move in & BT within a day or two, so why do  Nowtv take up to 3 weeks? 
Not cool. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm now having the exact same issue. And we swapped from another company we were having problems with just to have this problem. 

We now have no TV as everything is run through our Internet so until its sorted we are kind of stuck!

Not happy with the service at all so far and technically it hasn't even begun yet! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are having the same issue. 

been told the WiFi is activated and there are no issues with our router and someone from Openreach should be out to set the connection up by the end of the 6th. It’s currently 6-1-2020 at 23:33 and we still have no internet access. 

absolutely furious and definitely won’t be using Now TV again after this contract is up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

My broadband was suppose to be live yesterday 29/6/20 so was given a time slot of when the engineer was to suppose to come out 1-6 so waited till 6:30 no engineer turned up! So phoned NOW TV they said “the engineer could do it remotely and it could be live by 12 at night” so waited till this morning still isn’t live so once again phoned NOW TV and they said “ there’s been a delay in my order? And passed my details on” & he said “there’s nothing more I can do” please sort this out NOW TV I’ve been with you for over a year now and this is the first problem I’ve had!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My sons having same problem, got installed a week ago n still hasn't gone live, hes rang up everyday n they keep fobbing him off with 24hrs, 48 hrs 72 hrs, a weeks gone by n its still off so hes on bout cancelling it now, there's no communication from now or any help on the phone at all

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here, ordered my box on 24/07/2020, no indication of delivery date, no email with an explanation of why it has been delayed, I had to take time out of MY work to call, my girlfriend also works from home so she has had to hot spot my phone all day for the past week so only god knows what my phone bill is going to be. Absolute shambles, will not be recommending any time soon.