cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband activation day passed

My activation day was yesterday (3rd Aug 2020) and on the 'track my order' it's still telling me the broadband/phone is yet to go love. I was told there was no need for an engineer visit so I don't understand why there's a delay, surely the switching over all happens automatically? 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

mine was the 27th July - 10 days later and I still have no broadband. One of our housemates has a university deadline looming and everytime we ring up we seem to get fobbed off with 'oh its an openreach issue'. was told we'd have an update on the 4th, 6th and now 10th, each time we were due an 'update' there was really no 'update' - just another oh yeah nah not our problem mate youre gonna have to buy more data aint you. JOKE of a service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We were due to go active on 6 August 2020, still waiting.....

The response: the 6th was only a 'provisional date', its open reaches fault, said we should go live on 18th, nothing, 19th, nothing. Today (20th) nothing. Told again that we need to wait 72 hours for a response from the 'back office' so another three day wait, on a 14 day wait for broadband. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue - Go Live date was the 25th August. Spoke to NOW on 26th August and they have escalated to tier 2 and said it should be less than 72 hours for activation. 28th today and still not activated. 

Did you get your line activated eventually?