cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband activation and router set up

Hi,

I was was just wondering why it says the router can’t be set up until the date the broadband goes live? Is this because I have paid for it from that date and will be charged if it is set up now? Or is it that it will cause an issue with the “going live” of my broadband on 17/09/18 if I set the router up now?

many thanks,

Reiss

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The NowTV Hub Router will not work with any other Internet Service Provider (ISP) therefore you can't use it before your scheduled live activation date.

If you are currently with Sky Broadband, then maybe the NowTV Hub Router will work with Sky because the Hub router 2 is a clone of the Sky Q Router Hub.

Even if you haven't switched from another ISP, the nowtv Hub router will not work until the scheduled live activation date on your order of the 17/9/2018. 

On the day of nowtv activation, plug in and power up the nowtv Hub router and wait until the 3 green lights are shown on the Hub router, then you know that you are good to go and can use the nowtv broadband service.

Just be aware that the nowtv broadband could go live anytime up until Midnight on your scheduled activation date.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The NowTV Hub Router will not work with any other Internet Service Provider (ISP) therefore you can't use it before your scheduled live activation date.

If you are currently with Sky Broadband, then maybe the NowTV Hub Router will work with Sky because the Hub router 2 is a clone of the Sky Q Router Hub.

Even if you haven't switched from another ISP, the nowtv Hub router will not work until the scheduled live activation date on your order of the 17/9/2018. 

On the day of nowtv activation, plug in and power up the nowtv Hub router and wait until the 3 green lights are shown on the Hub router, then you know that you are good to go and can use the nowtv broadband service.

Just be aware that the nowtv broadband could go live anytime up until Midnight on your scheduled activation date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps,

That’s great thank you! I was just querying because it is a student accommodation and so, no broadband provider is in use. 

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately it's not a matter of nowtv clicking on a button on their system to activate your broadband and depending on what's involved at your address there are things done in the background with Openreach & nowtv which the public don't see.

When you go to Orders & Appointments on here under broadband and telephone live date, i am assuming it's saying self install with no need for an engineers visit at your address ?

If that's the case just plug in and power up your new router on your live activation broadband date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps,

That’s right, it says self installation.

Thanks again for the help! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Im still waiting for the 3 lights on my router to come on.  Today 13/9 is my activation date.  I got a text saying the engineer was on site at 16.35 today but its not working yet.  I can't get through to support on phone or chat to get their help.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem. My activation date was 13/9/18. Open reach engineer came and went still no Internet today 14/9/18. Managed to get through to  Now after an hour wait who were no help and said I had to wait a further 72 hours just to find out why!! Absolutely disgusting service

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did yours say you needed an engineer to attend? Mine says I don’t need one so hopefully it activates on time. I have an email stating that there’s only 2 days to go until activation. Hopefully it activates early in the 17/09/18 but just have to bare in mind it can be from 00:00-23:59 on the activation date. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

In your student accommodation is there a BT Openreach master telephone socket in any of the rooms inside your accommodation ?

I have done three nowtv broadband / fab fibre setups now, the first went live about 7pm, the second was about 8pm and the final went live at around 3pm.

All was suppose to be self installs, where the first two went to script,

The first one which was a switch over from BT Fibre to NowTV Fab Fibre went perfectly, the second Talk Talk Broadband to NowTV Broadband also went perfectly well.

The last switch over which was from Talk Talk Broadband which was upgraded to faster NowTV Fab Fibre did encounter a small blip, where i was told it was a self install on the account, but behind the scenes the BT Openreach Engineer when testing at the street cabinet found an issue and had to access the property to upgrade the existing master socket to work with the higher speed Fab Fibre.

The BT Engineer did phone us on the mobile and lucky enough there was somebody at home at the time to let the Engineer inside the house to replace the existing Master BT phone socket.

Strangely enough the third live activation account with the blip mentioned above was the earliest to go live at 3pm. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps,

I don’t think there is a master socket in the flat to be honest. There is 2 sockets and both are exactly the same. However, the router has come with a master micro filter so all should be good. The broadband I have paid for isn’t fibre, it’s just regular broadband because fibre isn’t offered in my area. 

Thanks,

Reiss