cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband Service Updates

This morning, just after starting work, my internet dropped entirely and I've had to revert to using a temperamental hotspot.

Whilst NowTV's website does show that there's a problem, unlike other providers it doesn't give any further information so far as I've found.

Does anyone know where I can find information such as an estimated return-of-service time, or even what the issue is?

21 REPLIES 21
Saku
Mentor

You should be so lucky. This happens repeatedly and I've never managed to find a way to be kept in the loop. Calling just yields the same "we know there's an issue we're working on it" line and we're just left waiting and unable to work. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I see...

Just managed to get through to a customer service rep who couldn't even tell me what the geographic spread was, any kind of estimated return to service or anything remotely helpful. Not her fault, but NowTV seriously need to take a look at their service. This is woefully inadequate in the age of WFH when we're all jumping onto multiple video calls everyday.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

According to the help team on Twitter they’re no outages although an automated message is on their phone line this mob are hopeless 

Saku
Mentor

Partner just looked into it (he lives in NY, USA, and somehow had better luck finding answers than us customers!!) And found info that there's an outage in Lincolnshire and East Midlands. 

Guess we just wait and see. Fun times.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m in Lincoln too, just got through to someone who said there is an outage in Lincolnshire..then as she was about to say something else the line dropped -_- 

Guess it is just gonna be a a game of wait and see 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like it's even wider than that, according to DownDetector https://downdetector.co.uk/status/sky/map/ - outages reported nationwide, but it's OpenReach who are working on it? Something sounds fishy.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Saku 

Any service updates

https://help.nowtv.com/service-status

Best to give the broadband team a call to see what the ET is for being resolved. Number in the link below. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008  Thank you, but as said further up the chain, both of these have been useless at providing any useful information.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Ah right sorry, I must have got lost in the threads. Seems to be a few outages this morning. 

Being a BT broadband customer living in Edinburgh I can only suggest to keep pestering the broadband team. 

If they tell you to go to the forum, inform them that they are wrong to do so as it is used primarily by customers. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help