cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband Hub Heat

I am concerned that my broadband hub is very hot when running. It’s by our air vent, so does get cool air going towards it regularly. I wonder if it’s worth feeding back to Now, and seeing what they can do?

I appreciate these devices are made at cost and the fans may not be great.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My understanding is that the NOW Hub 2 Router doesn't have any inbuilt fans and relies purely on natural ventilation around it to remove unwanted heat.

I have had my NOW Hub 2 Router for around 4 years and during the Summer months it always runs warm / hot and hasn't failed on me yet.

If you are concerned about the amount of heat generated then maybe drop NOW an email using the customer support email address showing on this screenshot below.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

forestdweller
Scholar

I've only been with NOW Broadband for a couple of weeks, and I too was concerned about how hot the router gets, especially during the 30-40 degree heatwave. Now that temperatures have dropped back into the 20s the router is running much cooler - warm rather than hot. I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Jayach
Elite 3

I don't think people realise how much effect higher ambient temperatures have on devices with no active cooling.