cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband Down Sussex

Anyone else got their broadband down? Any update as to when this will be fixed?

Cheers

56 REPLIES 56
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi anyone had any updates on the outage today?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any news?? Its terrible no one has  been in contact to let customers know what's happening. There are some of us whom need WiFi to work. Is there any talk of compensation? 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

https://www.westsussextoday.co.uk/news/people/sky-broadband-update-crawley-and-surrounding-areas-affected-for-hours-but-service-is-up-and-running-again-3381307

Now Broadband is ordinary domestic broadband, and the price and the service reflect this. So they aren’t set up to compensate you for more than the loss of some leisure-time use of the internet.

The elephant in the room of WFH is that you don’t get business-quality broadband for domestic broadband prices, and if you want an unburstable service, with 4G/5G fallback if the fixed line goes out, say, then look to a company like Zen Internet for it, and be prepared to pay their prices 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
They provide a service in which we must pay for and under consumer rights if this isn't provided they need to provide some kind of compensation and which I've been notified by them that they do do in the form of money off the next bill, which is great however for someone like me I need a more reliable broadband so have had to switch. I've not ever had problems before now however it is a must for me to have consistent WiFi connection so sadly that is what I've had to do.

Thankfully the service is now up and running now though which is great.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I have BT 500Mb FTTP, of which in practice I can get up to 360, with mobile continuation through EE mobile if the landline goes down, as I require 24/7 availability to my employer, week on and week off.

It doesn’t come cheap, but they make a contribution 💷

Who do you move to, AAMOI?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same I have problems with broadband down and internet crash down 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Two lines isn’t the answer, as I have found even in professional use - sooner or later, two lines, unless linked to two separate exchanges at vast cost, will wind up going down the same piece of affected cable, and both will be down. And indeed, for an area outage, even having separate exchanges is no guarantee they won’t go down together.

The backup line has to be via mobile internet, to have a decent chance of being unaffected by any given outage,