cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband Activation Delay

My broadband was due to go live on Friday 2nd August but did not. Having spoken to customer service they said it was a third party issue they were passing it on to a tier 2 operator who would contact me by the 7th, which I assume is just a stock response. I then checked my technical checks and it said that I had an overdue bill (though I can't see it listed anywhere). On clicking to pay I noticed that my billing address was wrong, does anyone know whether this might have been a cause of the delay? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firstly i would suggest updating your billing address on your account.

I don't think the "Please Make An Overdue Payment" message under Technical Checks has any bearing on the above , where a few people have noticed the same message and it didn't effect their live activation date.

Have a read of this, which is one example of a few threads that i have replied too in the past asking the same question.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-and-Billing-Broadband/Scary-message-on-website/m-p/501230

It sounds to me that NowTV / BT Openreach have encountered some problem getting your line activated hence the delay.

If you are concerned and want further clarification then give the NowTV Broadband Team a call.