cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Booster box

Hi, I’ve just ordered broadband & my son is asking if it comes with a booster box as he needs to plug that in to his PC, I assume this is t standard, is it something I can add on or purchase?

thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

All you get is a NOW Hub 2 Router.

If you are looking at wifi booster or wifi extender or power line adpaters then you need to source them yourself.

Are you currently using any wifi booster with your current ISP ?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

All you get is a NOW Hub 2 Router.

If you are looking at wifi booster or wifi extender or power line adpaters then you need to source them yourself.

Are you currently using any wifi booster with your current ISP ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes currently with bt so he has a booster plugged into his pc. He did say I can get a cable and run it from modem to his pc just not a very pretty site. Thanks for update
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not familiar with the BT wifi booster that your Son plugs into his PC.

You never know it may work on the NOW wifi network (maybe give it a try when your NOW Broadband goes live).

I don't use any wifi booster or wifi extender with my NOW Hub 2 Router, where the Router on it's own without any wifi booster works fine in my home setup / home environment.

If the BT wifi booster doesn't work with the NOW Router, then maybe in the Community search box type something like "wifi booster" , wifi extender " to see if any forum members recommends any devices that works with their NOW Router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you 😊 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

So I have BT with the Wi-Fi booster.

The Wi-Fi booster comes with an Ethernet port, which I use in my office for my works laptop. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help