cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boost

Only watching on 2 devices my son went to use a 3rd, which I thought was part of Boost and it pushed one of the already devices off. Also, I’m not sure I’m getting HD. I’m certainly paying for Boost but have doubts now that I’m getting that service. Any ideas, obviously I will contact now, but I wondered if anyone else has had this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Any of the devices used was a Chromecast or was you watching on another device and didn't stop the stream properly by jumping back to the main NOW App screen before moving onto other devices.

What playback devices are you using, where on a couple of devices if you press the info button on the remote it will give you a streaming figure of around 8000 if the NOW content is 1080p which is denoted by the HD icon symbol.

The NOW TV Guide should also show HD at the end of most channels names and if you go to the My Account section of the playback devices NOW App it should say Boost Membership included.

If you have only taken out Boost in the last 4 hours, sign out and back in again on your playback devices to trigger the Boost Membership for the first time.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

An attempt to use a third device when two devices are already in use will not push either of those devices off, it will simply refuse the third connection.

Or are you defining ‘in use’ as ‘having been in use’, and so you weren’t allowed to reconnect one of those two devices?

But Chromecasting, by you or by your son, does count as two devices, unless you take care to start the programme on the casting device before casting it, in which case it only counts as one.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.