cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bookwoodworm
Advocate

Boost

Boost has never worked for me. I have had several free trials and paid for it for one month but have always had adverts when watching sky sports and have noticed no difference in picture quality with or without it whereas BT sport which I access by casting from the mobile app on my phone is always full HD. This is the case whether I watch Sky sports using a NowTV stick, cast from my phone's  mobile app or lately using the app on my smart LG tv.

I am approaching the end of my latest free trial and can see no point in paying for something which  does not work and adds nothing to my viewing experience.

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@bookwoodworm 

That's because mobile phones aren't supported for the 1080p picture quality in boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

No. The HD and Surround Sound features of Boost aren't available on any of the following devices that you can watch NOW on:

• PC/Mac
  • iOS or Android mobile devices 
  • Amazon Fire & Fire HD tablets
  • Roku devices other than Roku Express or Roku Streaming Stick
  • Chromecast 1st and 2nd generation.

We're always looking to make Boost available on more devices, so check back regularly to see if your favourite device is supported.

Also Boost ONLY removes adverts for on demand content, it will NEVER remove adverts from Live TV.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@gavs82008 wrote:

No. The HD and Surround Sound features of Boost aren't available on any of the following devices that you can watch NOW on:

• PC/Mac
  • iOS or Android mobile devices 
  • Amazon Fire & Fire HD tablets
  • Roku devices other than Roku Express or Roku Streaming Stick
  • Chromecast 1st and 2nd generation.

That doesn't leave much.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Jayach and it's also wrong as I have a Roku Premiere which capably gives HD and 5.1 with the Boost membership.