cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boost activated but no HD

I've just signed up for the HD Boost to my Sports package, but it doesn't work. I get HD sound, but no HD video. I have the same issue on a Samsung smart TV and a 4K Apple TV box. Speedtest gives a download speed of 40 - 50MB. Customer services spent two hours telling me to restart everything and eventually gave up claiming it was a 'technical issue' and that someone would email me. Which they haven't. Anyone got any ideas before I cancel it? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NOW don't use the HD logo on screen when watching Sky Sports.

Where if you are seeing a streaming figure of 7831 or there abouts you are receiving 1080p with Boost.

A figure around 4380 will normally denote 720p on your Samsung Smart TV native inbuilt App.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried signing out of the NOW App on your main playback devices and then log back in which triggers the Boost Membership if you purchased the Boost Membership online in the last four hours.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps yes I tried that. The boost shows as activated in my account and I have 5.1 sound, but all the Sports channels are still only showing 720p. It's very strange. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are using a Samsung Smart TV with the inbuilt NOW App, then what happens when watching the live Sky Sports channel if you press the enter or info button.

Does a streaming figure of around 7831 pop up on screen which denotes 1080p ?

Also under the Sky Sports live TV Guide is it saying HD at the end of the channel name on the guide ?

Have you tried a fresh download of the latest NOW App and maybe unplugging the power to your playback devices for a minute.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @schnapps you've been more help than CS already! So the streaming figure is 7831 which would indicate HD? But none of the channel icons have the HD logo? 

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NOW don't use the HD logo on screen when watching Sky Sports.

Where if you are seeing a streaming figure of 7831 or there abouts you are receiving 1080p with Boost.

A figure around 4380 will normally denote 720p on your Samsung Smart TV native inbuilt App.