cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Booking a fibre installation visit.

I'm trying to order fibre and have to book a visit for installation but I do not move into my new property until the 1st July. The issue is I cannot scroll past June to book that date. It's only giving me up to, and including, a week earlier. Can I order over the phone or will I have to wait another week until the 1st is an option? 

61 REPLIES 61
chilli2
Elite

The best option is to call them (Now)  to arrange when openreach can install the Fibre ONT to the property.

It will need to be in a location close to a power supply, as unlike the old copper based services which are being phased out the Fibre service requires a special box ( the ONT) which requires its own power .

I was unaware the Now are offering fibre as they only advertise copper based services (ADSL/VDSL) which means that unless there is an accompanying VOIP service  you may still need to use the master socket if you are using the phone service

Stig
Scholar

Let me tell you about my engineer story.

Thursday due to be connected to broadband and phone, engineer failed to show!

Friday checked mobile and an engineer was coming in the afternoon, again failed to show up!.

Checked my mobile today ,Saturday ,and it says engineer visit a success and I am now connected to internet and phone!!!!!!!!!

You simply could not make this up.

Phoned Now TV today and an engineer booked for for Monday.

I asked about the engineer not turning up and she said they came down to check the green box at the end of the street checked that everything was working and left,so an engineer visit apparently consists of a visit to the box at the street and not your house??????

Funny that because when you book an engineer's appointment it requires you to be at home and over 18 and also gives guidence as to how you can help i.e.moving furniture before the engineer arrived.

Worst company I have ever dealt with.I have a relative who works in the same industry as a manager I will be contacting him to see my options,looks like a Job for the Ombudsman.

chilli2
Elite

Sometimes all they need to do is some work at the cabinet ( geen box in street) is your connection up?

Stig
Scholar

No connection!

As I said installation date was on Thursday.

They said connection in green box was good when I rang this morning.

My guess is the problem is with the telephone connection box in my house.The box is at least 20 years old so probably won't cope with the new tech.That said it worked fine with Virgin but then again they have a different set up.

chilli2
Elite

The throw away remark about Virgin is important, do you have an openreach (sometimes branded as BT) master socket?

Stig
Scholar

The telephone connection box  inside my house says Telewest, probably 20 years old.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers all, 

All booked over the phone, only thing to note is that the earliest date they could offer on the phone is actually later than that offered on the site. 

Did speak to a great guy called John. Good start to contact with NOW. Hopefully it continues. 

chilli2
Elite

When you get in touch with now, tell them you do not have an openreach master socket in your property, only an old virgin media socket

Stig
Scholar

Thank you for the reply.

My point is this,an engineer was booked to install Now broadband and phone on Thursday.Thats an engineer,not me.At no point was I told it was a self install.

If an engineer had arrived he could have looked for the obvious problems that may occur during an installation i.e incorrect socket,if indeed that is the problem.

Engineer did not arrive as promised the day after,that being Friday.However Now customer support says he came out not to my home but only to the green box and all is working in the green box but sadly not in my house.

Engineer apparently booked for Monday afternoon until then no internet or phone.Whats the odds he doesn't turn up?