cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blocked ports (not all) on Sky domain

Hi all,

I'm having issues accessing by home LAN from WAN, particularly over SSH. RDP works fine for windows devices (over port 3389) but when I try to SSH (port 22) into my public IP I get connection denied.

Also if I ping my router from the wan side, I get 'Reply from 2.120.8.7: Destination host unreachable' (which is a Sky IP address).

So my question is - can I do anything about it? Does Sky/NowTV force SSH on a different port?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thx for your answer Bob, excellent response time. I'll do as you advise.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Val

The questions you ask are very technical and only a few (very few NOW customers) will be able to understand and answer them.

I would strongly suggest that you write to NOW, at the following email address, and put your questions to them:-

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpg

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thx for your answer Bob, excellent response time. I'll do as you advise.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User further to Bob's advice, if Now are no help, try the Sky community as they are the same equipment etc and their community is more active with regard to network issues.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sky+broadband+blocked+ports&oq=sky+broadband+blocked&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j35i39j0l2j0i22i30.6009j0j7&client=ms-android-oneplus&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that, they do have a few threads that got me interested.