cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Block a site from router

Hi all, I have a nowtv hub two and i have been trying to restrict access to YouTube directly from my router. I have all the various domain names added to the blocked websites tab but it doesn’t block anything. I have an issue using the broadband buddy restrictions as I am a massive hypocrite, I indeed want to still use the wealth of information that is YouTube, however I just want to stop the kids.

I see from my router it should let me block any site I want, while allowing a specific IP address to bypass the blocks. I wish to use this feature but unfortunately the blocks don’t actually work. The broadband buddy seems to only block sites, I’ve seen the timed settings but that doesn’t really suit me. If anyone has any advice or a better idea it would all be very much appreciated. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I honesty have the same problem have you been able to find a resolve to such problem

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. It seems site blocking is not a thing on the Hub 2!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see that over a year after posting. No one at Now TV has offered to help. This function is evidently not operating as designed on my device either. Entering specific url or keyword to block YouTube does nothing. Router reboot fails to solve the issue.

Kids happily soaking up any old rubbish via YouTube if I forget to turn on Broadband Buddy to make up for this router function failure, seemingly wider spread than as I initially thought.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User are you just trying to block "youtube.com"?

If so, have a read through the linked thread. It seems that YouTube doesn't supply content directly from that URL so putting it on a blacklist does nothing. You'll need to block every look up that URL does when you attempt to connect to it.

https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/14607026?hl=en

Screenshot_20201130-172732.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You have the freedom to protest!

I have the freedom to choose to chuckle and ignore any further.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

Well, thanks for trying. However, all but one response was either factually incorrect, or gave a solution that did not answer the question posed, and in a language that only a few would interpret.
The one plausible response had already been tested and failed.
At least I'm grateful to you that you had noticed and had recalled an alternative thread. 
ATH