cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blacklisted ip

How do I get a new IP address from Now?  I have been told my IP address must have been blacklisted so I need to change it but there is no one I can talk to at Now?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you unplug the power to your NOW Hub 2 for around 20 to 30 minutes it should automatically acquire a new Router IP address.

Before doing that, use this website tool in the link below to see if the IP address is identified has Sky UK with a location somewhere in the UK.

if it does that, then i be surprised it's a rouge Router IP address, though no harm in power down the Router for 20 to 30 minutes if you can afford the internet downtime.

Also pressing and holding in the reset button on the back of the NOW Router for around 15 seconds may automatically acquire a new IP address (but i have never tried this myself).

https://www.whatismyip.com 

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Jayach
Elite 3

Mine was slightly different, if I followed the  "invitation to look at the posting via the link in the blue bar that says you’ve posted successfully" the post was there, but if I came out of the thread and went back again it had disappeared.

@Simon-J (thanks Simon) has sorted it for me, but I think I will continue with this identity as it is the same username as I use on a couple of other forums.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What service do you want to access ? email, vpn, something else ?

PS: my temporary IP allocated by NOW also appears to be blacklisted on: dnsbl.sorbs.net, dnsbl.spfbl.net, dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net

chilli2
Elite

Same here, getting this on DNSBL

"This IP has been flagged because it is dynamic or by suspect to be domestic use only."

the Dynamic IP is known about with Now ( not many consumer ISPs still offer static ip)

likewise as is the Domestic use only

If you are having issues with workplace online systems and connecting to them for work/business purposes you need to get in touch with your workplace to sort it out

Jayach
Elite 3

@chilli2 wrote:

Same here, getting this on DNSBL

"This IP has been flagged because it is dynamic or by suspect to be domestic use only."

the Dynamic IP is known about with Now ( not many consumer ISPs still offer static ip)

likewise as is the Domestic use only

The thing is on a database that is looking for possible SPAM emails, any email originating from IPs that match those criteria would be most suspect.

The problem is we have no idea what database the OPs IP might have been listed on, if indeed that is the reason for their inability to log on to a corporate network. (which I doubt)