cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blacklisted ip

How do I get a new IP address from Now?  I have been told my IP address must have been blacklisted so I need to change it but there is no one I can talk to at Now?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you unplug the power to your NOW Hub 2 for around 20 to 30 minutes it should automatically acquire a new Router IP address.

Before doing that, use this website tool in the link below to see if the IP address is identified has Sky UK with a location somewhere in the UK.

if it does that, then i be surprised it's a rouge Router IP address, though no harm in power down the Router for 20 to 30 minutes if you can afford the internet downtime.

Also pressing and holding in the reset button on the back of the NOW Router for around 15 seconds may automatically acquire a new IP address (but i have never tried this myself).

https://www.whatismyip.com 

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
chilli2
Elite

Now use dynamic IP addresses, go to your router setting and make note of the IP, then somewhere there should be an option to disconnect/ reconnect try that.

Alternatively re boot the router and see if it picks up another IP address.

Do not reboot over and over again as it may affect the DLM on your line.

If an appearance ip doesnt work, then it's the website blocked for UK users?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi
I don’t know how to go to my router setting sorry. Do you know how to do that?
Thanks
Chris
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you unplug the power to your NOW Hub 2 for around 20 to 30 minutes it should automatically acquire a new Router IP address.

Before doing that, use this website tool in the link below to see if the IP address is identified has Sky UK with a location somewhere in the UK.

if it does that, then i be surprised it's a rouge Router IP address, though no harm in power down the Router for 20 to 30 minutes if you can afford the internet downtime.

Also pressing and holding in the reset button on the back of the NOW Router for around 15 seconds may automatically acquire a new IP address (but i have never tried this myself).

https://www.whatismyip.com 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. I unplugged it for half and hour and put it back on my work laptop works fine now. 

flavione
Scholar

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thank you. I unplugged it for half and hour and put it back on my work laptop works fine now. 

I'm not a Now Broadband customer yet, so I don't know own a Now router.

I was looking at a video about the Sky Q router interface (which should basically be the same as the Now router).

In the 'Maintenance' tab page, at the bottom, there are two links.

One says 'Connection status' and if you click on it, you should get a window which shows your IP address and other details, plus two buttons, one to disconnect and one to connect.

They seem copied from the Netgear DSL routers interface.

If those buttons are still there in the Now router, I think you should be able to disconnect (i.e. send a DHCP release) and connect back again (maybe waiting like 5 mins) so getting a different IPv4 address in a better way.

Disconnecting the phone cable will force the router to resync to the street cabinet, and you never know it might trigger DLM or reduce your speed.

You can see it from min 14:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ0VdGAGYWo

A video showing the user interface on the new Sky Q Hub. Unboxing can be found here ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8MVayDJuOM
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have been told my IP address must have been blacklisted so I need to change it

Who says that? Check here: IP Blacklist Check - Email Blacklist Checker (dnschecker.org)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm sure I replied to this earlier, but it seems to have disappeared! Try again.

@Anonymous User wrote:

How do I get a new IP address from Now?  I have been told my IP address must have been blacklisted   

Who told you that? Check here: IP Blacklist Check - Email Blacklist Checker (dnschecker.org)

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Told by whom?

It doesn’t make sense that Now would provide you with a blacklisted address.

And blacklisted where?

Do they want money, or sensitive personal details, in order to ‘free it up again’?

Consider the possibility that you are being scammed here.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.