cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Best router?

So I’ve not been getting very good speeds lately, a lot less than I expect and I’ve tried lots of different things to try and speed it up but I wondered if anyone has switched to a different router from the NOW hub and received better speeds?

just looking for recommendations on different routers really?

1 REPLY 1
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Deccs

Not being an expert on routers, I wonder if you have thought through what you are about to do rather than trying to get the Internet speed you have contracted with NOW for.

I say this because the moment you attach an independent router to your line you will lose all technical support from NOW, plus it will be easier for them to blame your new router for any and all future Internet problems.

At the moment, NOW will have to try and supply you with the service you are paying for, but that will not be the case with a non-supported router.

However, it is ultmately your choice to use whatever router you choose, but note you will have to setup the new router yourself and possibly get support from the router's manufacturer/distributer/supplier and other knowledgable members from this and other forums.

Still, it will be down to you whether you go down this road of your choosing, with all it's pitfalls, or push to get what you are already paying for.

UK Bob