Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bad connection

I live in a small two bed terrace house but I can’t get a signal in my bedroom 

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Welcome to Now broadband, or more particularly, its rather unsatisfactory router 😢

You could source a third-party router - make sure it supports MER 61 - and there are plenty of postings on here about how to configure such a router.

Alternatively, one of these will relay the WiFi signal to the bedroom, as long as it is on the same mains ring as downstairs:-

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/tplink-tlwpa7517-av1000-wifi-powerline-adapter-kit-twin-pack-10222011.html

Avoid WiFi extenders (the above device isn’t one of those) - as you have found, the Now router doesn’t provide a great deal of WiFi to extend 😕

Somebody will no doubt be along in a minute to suggest you ‘split the bands’. Question them closely as to how that might help, and what further undocumented steps you would have to take to achieve any improvement that way.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.