cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Awful sound quality

Is anyone else having trouble with nowtv sound via laptop streaming. It is awful, very tinny. Sounds as though everyone is under water. To the point I'm considering cancelling my account as I cannot enjoy watching anything. It is on all programs, including live. I use my laptop to stream from a number of services and nowtv is the only one with this problem  Is it to do with the player I've been forced to download? Does anyone know how I can fix it please? Many thanks. Daisy. 

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

Are you running Windows 10, and if so, is the player you have downloaded the one from the Microsoft Store?

If not, try that one.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I will try that now. Many thanks.
RoyB
Legend

I was using the older method, browser-based but supported by a downloaded NowTV Video Player.

The App from the Microsoft Store is superior in every way - I whacked the opening titles from GoT S8E1 on - a show in itself - and glorious music, entirely above water, poured out in surround stereo, even just from the laptop speakers.

One slightly strange thing, though I guess it’s logical when you think about it, is that when I first tried to use the Store App, I was told I already had six devices configured.

So I had to go to Devices, and delete the PC entry there. After which, I could start using the App version, which then itself appeared as PC under Devices.

I suspect that if you have less than six devices, you won’t get the warning, but you would find two ‘devices’ shown as PC under Devices, if you looked, as the two ways of getting NowTV on a PC each count as a device.

You can tell them apart by the date and time Last Used; and if you like the App better, then you can delete the older PC entry if you like, and get a device slot back.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
That's great! Thank you for taking the time to reply 🙂 I'm very busy
moving my brother to a new house so will try it all out asap 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is no now TV app in the Microsoft store on my computer. The sound quality is disgusting for such a big company. I'm not even gonna bother with it any more. Gonna wait for my partner to finish watching game of thrones and then cancel my account. Thanks for the help though 🙂 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User

Which version of Windows have you got?

If it is 10, try the Microsoft Store again.

I found it gave no results for NowTV, when I pasted that in, but separating this into Now TV, with a space, did find it.

@Karl-F 

This is also something NowTV might want to look at....