cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Attrocious - internet doesnt work

I moved from bt to now TV and on my activation date (8th) my old bt hub stopped working .I plugged in the now tv hub and nothing. I wait the entire day, check at 5am on today - nothing, no internet. 

Come home from work and I spend literally 30 mins trying to find a number,  live chat is congested until I finally get through and attain a number.

They tell me that my line doesnt work and they need to book an engineer ! ETA 3 to 5 days. No internet for 3-5 days really?? I work from home and rely on it.

I ask how it can work moments before with the old provider but on the activation date they tell me it's an issue with the line.

Absolutely fuming, their explanation was that old wires put stress on the lines during transfer.....wth? It's a new build. Somebody messed up the transfer, so fuming . Shocking company. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where are you based?  The reason I ask is that it is just possible that your transfer  coincided with an issue that affected many of us on Sky/NowTV in SW Herts yesterday (9th Aug). There was a total outage from around 5am until well into the evening. Apparently it was caused by damaged fibre, but I don't understand how a problem like that can affect multiple exchanges. 

@Anonymous User wrote:

Apparently it was caused by damaged fibre, but I don't understand how a problem like that can affect multiple exchanges. 

@Anonymous User It's sometimes the case that multiple exchanges are "daisy chained" together at the core network level, so a damaged fibre near the start of the chain will effectively cut off those exchanges further down the chain beyond the point of damage.