cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Asus RT-AC88U

Good day everyone,

Is anyone able to confirm if the Asus RT-AC88U router is compatible with Nowtv Broadband, please?

Apparently it should support both MPoA and option 61, but I cannot determine this.

Many thanks in advance,

Justme

17 REPLIES 17
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, but are you using Now Broadband?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User many thanks.

Does your Asus RT-AC88U, completely replace the standard NowTV hub i.e. right out of the box, or is there another device connected or did you have to upgrade the firmware?

All the very best

Justin

allanc
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User 

You will need a modem bridge for superfast vdsl  such as the tp link td w9970.  When/if Now does ultrafast fttp the rt ac88u will connect directly to the fttp ont gpon unit :-

Instructions for setting up tp link td w9970 as modem bridge

select sky vdsl from isp list. 

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/1332

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the end I purchased a DLS-AX82U, which I replaced the NOWTV hub two box with, add the VLAN IS 101 and made up a password ie 12 random letters of your choice; follow by @skydsl| followed by 8 random letters, hit the clone mac button and it just worked.

But I've decided to leave Nowtv cos this info shouldn't be difficult to find!!! I'm not sure why these ISP make such a flipping mystery out of such... don't they wanna keep their customers or encourage new ones???

Gypsymoth
Mentor

Hello. What log in details did you use in the ASUS router?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gypsymoth 

That user you replied to is no longer a member of the forum. So they will never see the message. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@Gypsymoth 

If you have an ASUS DSL router, you should just need to select Sky_MER as the connection type.

Gypsymoth
Mentor

Thanks for this info