cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Asus RT-AC88U

Good day everyone,

Is anyone able to confirm if the Asus RT-AC88U router is compatible with Nowtv Broadband, please?

Apparently it should support both MPoA and option 61, but I cannot determine this.

Many thanks in advance,

Justme

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Maybe type the make and model number in the Community search box towards the top of the forum screen to see any search results to get the ball rolling whilst waiting for a reply from other forum members.

Can't help sorry where i don't use a third party Router with my NOW Broadband service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many thanks, Id tried what you have suggested before opening a post, but
didn't find anything.

Justin
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There seems to be a few Asus AC66 and AC87 Router model posts from my quick search on the forum (haven't read any of them just in case somebody mentioned a AC88 model in one of the threads created).

I did find this, but unfortunately nobody provided a reply.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Help-using-my-ASUS-AC88-router/m-p/505918 

Maybe tag the person in the above link thread by adding @ in front of their forum name to see if they got the AC88 running on the NOW Broadband service.

Or wait until other forum members on the Community pick up your thread with hopefully the answer to your question and if it's possible the procedure that needs to be done on the AC88.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great advice @schnapps  - I have replied to the post, since they were an an "Anonymous User", but I'll search as suggested.

Also enquiring with Asus as you never know they may  offer advice too

All the very best,

Justin

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When I pulled up that linked thread I missed the bit that the forum member was Anonymous , hence unfortunately you can't tag them to bring your reply questions to their attention.

It looks like they asked NOW to remove all trace of their details under GDPR. 

There are quite a lot of Anonymous posts from people now on the forum, where it looks like previous customers have cancelled their account and asked for GDPR which would also remove their previous forum member details to tag them. 

Anyway I hope you can get it sorted if it's possible in some way to use your third party Router. 

If you do manage to get the Router working, if for some reason you need to contact NOW with problems with the Internet service, then plug in your NOW Hub Router before hand so they can do some remote diagnostic checks remotely their end. 

Hope you find a workaround and Soultion. 

allanc
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User 

The rt ac88u can be flashed with asuswrt merlin firmware if the stock f/w doesn't support it

Asus merlin firmware to download

RT-AC88U386.3_2
allanc
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User 

What modem are you using?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

really helpful, thanks @allanc presumably, Merlin is at least as secure as the stock firmware if not better as presumable this has been enhanced?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had an ASU’s rtax88u for 2 years now and haven’t had to change anything to use NowTv, works perfectly on all my devices connected to the asus.