cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV box OK to Hub but no internet

My iOS devices work fine with my not-fibre Now Broadband hub. I just got an Apple 4k box and tried to set it up. It connected to the hub but then stalled saying it could not connect to the internet. It just offers me the option to manually set up IP and DNS. (No Settings page)  When I previously set up an unrelated Apple TV 4k box on BT fibre it did everything automatically. 

1. Should I try the manual setup or is there a specific Now problem with Apple TV.

2. Will the DNS of 192.168.1.254 that i see in my iPhone’s settings be correct.

3. If I get my IP from www.whatsmyip.info on my iphone (when it’s connected to the hub) will that be correct for my Apple TV box?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I have an older Apple TV Gen 3 box and it seems to work fine on NowTV Fab Fibre using the NowTV Hub 2 Router.

Would have thought when setting up your ATV 4K box it would have automatically picked up your Router SSID network and asked for the Router password if you are using the ATV over Wifi rather than Ethernet.

You may have to go into the Hub Router settings under the Maintenance section to see what devices are connected to your router and what IP addresses have already been taken / used.

Maybe try for example an IP address of 192.168.0.17 (if not already taken on your home network) and the DNS would be 192.168.0.1 when using the NowTV Hub 2 Router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, schnapps

I was also expecting it to be all automatic. Maybe a fault on the telly stalled it. 

I don’t think that I can access the hub’s settings via an iPhone (needs a computer)?

I’ll try those settings when the telly is fixed 🙄

Pat.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

P.S. I stupidly took that DNS number when I was on another router. Doh!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you said the TV stalled did the screen go blank ?

I would double check that your TV HDMI port connected to the ATV 4K says it's HDMI profile 2.0 and go into the television menu settings and make sure the HDMI input port connected to your ATV is either in enhanced mode, Auto mode or HDCP 2.2 rather than 1.4.

Perhaps reboot the power to both your television and ATV to see if you can finish the setup process.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks again for those good suggestions. I have to postpone my efforts but will try to post back later.