cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Android phones problems with apps

Hi @faarn

Based on the useful information that @Mdavid posted I went into my Android phone settings and found that my phone was setup for IPv4 by default which I guess was reason I seemed to be having no issues connecting or using Android Apps with the NowTV Hub Router 2.

I used these instructions below to check or disable IPv6. 

How to Disable IPv6 on Android
  1. Go to your Android device System Settings and tap on “Network & Internet”. 
  2. Tap on “Mobile network”. 
  3. Tap on “Advanced”. 
  4. Tap on “Access Point Names”. 
  5. Tap on the APN you are currently using. 
  6. Tap on “APN Protocol”. 
  7. Tap on “IPv4”. 
  8. Save the changes. 

faarn
Contributor 1

Hi @schnapps .  Thanks for the tip.  My APN protocol is greyed out so won't let me change it.  At least changin it in the router is working.

Thanks for your help on this.

schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @faarn 

Just been doing some further reading on the net and unless the phone has been rooted then you won't be able to change the IPV setting on it from what i have read.

My Android phone is stock where under the APN Protocol section it is also greyed out and locked but showing operating over IPV 4, where lucky for me the phone has be running fine over wifi on my Hub 2 router Smiley Happy

Anyway it looks like you have found a solution by changing the settings on the Hub 2 thanks to @Mdavid 👍👍👍.

Fingers crossed everything will run smoothly from now on, between your Android devices and the NowTV router 🤞🤞🤞.

Highlighted
spd2610
First Poster

I was a Sky customer and moved to now tv. Spoke to both Sky and Now tv help desks and neither could solve the issue. We were experiencing issues with slow apps or apps would not load at all over the WIFI but worked fine when connected to mobile data. Switching off IPv6 on the router has solved these issues
0 Thanks
Portwey
First Poster

I am having same problem with an android TV box MX10 (Also tried another box same problem) Although the wifi connects ok and tests out for speed NO apps will work. (Cinema.apk, Livenettv.apk, Mobdro or any Kodi apps. Will your solution be ok for this problem.

0 Thanks
Podaran
Occasional Poster

Sorry, how do I disable IPV6 please? I do it on my phone, right? 

0 Thanks
RoyB Mentor 1
Mentor 1

@Podaran 

Start at the very top of the thread (that’s page 1). On reading down, you will find the Answer.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Podaran
Occasional Poster

@RoyB 

Hi, thanks for replying. I have read the advice but I don't fully understand how to do it. "Navigate through the menus:- Advanced, LAN IP and scroll down to LAN TCPIP LAN IPV6 setup. Untick the Enable LAN IP V6 on LAN side & apply settings". Do I navigate through the menus on my phone? I own a OnePlus 7 Pro and there is no LAN IP option that I can find on my phone. Would appreciate any advice. Cheers! 

0 Thanks
RoyB Mentor 1
Mentor 1

Hi @Podaran 

Not on your phone, no. You do it on your router.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
Podaran
Occasional Poster

Oh okay! Finally managed to see what you were talking about. Made those changes on 192.168.0.1 but my apps still don't connect to the internet most of the time 😞

Thanks anyway.

0 Thanks