cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Android phones problems with apps

I have spoken to chat a number of times about this but still not had a satisfactory resolution.

All the android phines in the house have real problems using the nowhub wifi.  They connect fine and a speed test shows the correct speeds but when i load apps I have real problems with connecting to any of their services.  For example, BBC sounds.  It takes forever for the app to connect to the bbc server and minutes (if at all) before the radio station starts to play.  The same happens with my banking apps and podcast apps.

I can happily connect with my chromebook using the same apps but when it comes to my mobile... no chance.  Oddly if i connect to my VPN through its app, the connection is perfect.

So far NOWtv just keep saying it is something i have done to the router and sending a new one.  Anyone else have this problem and been able to solve it?  It is making my broadband unuseable. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Saw exactly the same issue with my Now Hub Two. My Android mobiles (various versions/manufacturers) are connected via WiFi and have problems opening up apps once the router has been up and running for > 5 minutes. Wired LAN clients were fine. As a workaround I disabled IP V6 and all now works fine. [Navigate through the menus:- Advanced, LAN IP and scroll down to LAN TCPIP LAN IPV6 setup. Untick the Enable LAN IP V6 on LAN side & apply settings]. Disabling features may cause other network devices not to work but I've not spotted any issues yet. I've not carried out any problem analysis but it looks like it's a more widespread problem and not specific to Now Broadband.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was a Sky customer and moved to now tv. Spoke to both Sky and Now tv help desks and neither could solve the issue. We were experiencing issues with slow apps or apps would not load at all over the WIFI but worked fine when connected to mobile data. Switching off IPv6 on the router has solved these issues