cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Android media box downloading

Anyone suggest where I am going wrong please. I signed up to nowtv on the understanding that I can use my android media box. I realise nowtv does not stream, but after successfully loading in the Nowtv app and it happily stating that I can now download to watch after, i get nothing. Anything I try to download stops immediately and I get an error message 'download failed'. Numerous reinstallation of app doesn't help. The app works fine, confirms I am logged in on my shiny but useless new account, it just won't let me download. There is no VPN installed on my media box which may interfere, and it works fine with everything else.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't believe NowTV officially supports Android TV boxes and the NowTV App from the Google Play Store is designed and intended to work with Android phones and tablets.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that. They don't make it easy for us old un's. Its just confusing.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry i couldn't help with your Android box, but if you are using either a nowtv entertainment or cinema pass on your account.

Then maybe look at a nowtv stick which includes a bundled voucher pass for £15 from places like Argos, Currys etc.

You would need a spare HDMI port on your TV and a internet connection speed of 2.5 mbps.

With the stick you can stream nowtv content (no downloads feature for watching offline where only Android or iOS phones or tablets can offer the download service).