cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Amazon Echo won’t connect to NOWTV Hub2

Hi all,

I’m having issues with getting my (2nd gen) echo to connect to my NOWTV internet in my new house. I have tried restarting both the echo and router but to no avail. I put in the password and it just comes up saying “your echo is having problems connecting to WiFi” or something to that effect.

I brought it back to my parents’ house and it connects to their Sky hub fine - which is the exact same router. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution? I’m moving in properly this weekend so really want to get it working, especially as I have some fancy new lights to work with it! 

Cheers,

Hannah 🙂

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

OMG after 3 hrs of finding a solution to this and trying lots of the suggested changes to the router I have finally fixed it.

It turns out that via the Alexa app it wasn't correctly "Flashing" the wifi password details to the Alexa device.  I had a 4th gen Echo, and 4th Gen Echo Dot, and a 1st Gen Echo.

I had to login via a PC to ultimately fix the problem.  there was nothing i had to do to the NOWTV HUB2.

First put your alexa device into setup mode by holding down the "action" button on the alexa device - thats the one that you press if you want to talk to the alexa rather than using the wake word.  hold that button down until the device base turns orange (which indicates its in setup mode).

Then go to your PC and login to your amazon alexa app by going to https://alexa.amazon.co.uk/

the username and password is your amazon username and password

You then click on Settings which is the 3rd option from the bottom of the list - This is the list that starts with "Home".

This will then bring up a list of devices.  if you are just changing the wifi (which is what i was doing) then your device should be listed (it will say offline) and you just need to select it.  it will then bring up a list of options, the first of which is wifi and you click on update and follow the instructions.  

If you are setting up the device for the first time select the first option being "Set up a new device".

On your PC you will then need to change your PC wifi connection to connect to the wifi that your Alexa has just created while in setup mode - it will be something like Amazon-75G or something like that.

once you have connected to that network your Alexa page on your PC will automatically move to the next step.  you follow the instructions and enter the password of your home wifi and then follow the instructions.  magically your alexa will suddenly say that its connected (YAY!!!!).  you may then need to select the home wifi signal on your PC unless it is selected to automatically connect so your PC will work again.

Not the straight foward of solutions, but it works.  once i did that, i could go back to the alexa app on my phone and connect the other alexa devices to the wifi by simply following the normal setup routine and selecting the now saved new wifi.

hope this helps save you guys out there the 3 hours it took me to work this out!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

That's an amazing solution that it looks like I'm going to have to try because nothing else works. BUT this is surely a connectivity issue which should be addressed by Now TV broadband! Customers shouldn't have to go to these lengths to get things like an Alexa to work! 

I've just joined Now TV broadband and I'm already regretting it. My old service just allowed me to connect everything simply and without any fuss. I also have apps on my phone which just won't connect to this hub. Not happy. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Absolute legend, spent hours trying to figure this one out then came across your solution when googling the problem.  Thanks for sorting this for me !