cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Am getting error message whenever I try to use NOW: not installed?

I've paid for NOW viewing for 2 years. There was a required update today, which I clicked on. Since then, I can't view NOW TV. I've uninstalled and got rid of all cookies, then reinstalled, but still the error message. The problem seems to be that my version of NOW up to yesterday doesn't work today, and I get an error message when I try to install NOW anew. So I don't actually have NOW player and don't know how to get past the download error. Have tried different browsers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jayach
Elite 3

I will just say that doesn't sound like a broadband problem, so is in the wrong part of the forum.

You may get more help in the correct area.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hello again.

We’re going to need the make, model, and OS version of your laptop here.

And if possible, the Version Number of the Now app as it is now.

Also whether you are using Bitdefender or Pihole, or any other content blocker that might be interfering.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 17", using Windows 10. I believe I had been using a NOW version "10" or there was a "10" number there. The update is to whatever the very latest NOW version is, which I believe is 12?

I get the error message: System Error. The code execution cannot proceed because the node.dll was not found. Reinstalling may .... (fix the problem). I did as directed and uninstalled everything NOW including cookies, but though I can download the latest NOW, I cannot install it. I get the error message also in trying to install it. So it's not so much that it isn't working: it's that I don't have the player and have tried numerous times to install it. Installation "sticks" half-way through with that error message.

Jayach
Elite 3

I will just say that doesn't sound like a broadband problem, so is in the wrong part of the forum.

You may get more help in the correct area.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I went around and around the possible help services and the forum and could see no way to contact NOW themselves over this problem, nor a perfectly suitable place in the forum which I am new to, to post, so I posted in the best closest area I could find.

Jayach
Elite 3

I can fully understand that is must be confusing to find out where to ask for help, and the fact that there is no direct help from Now on the TV side doesn't help.

As @RoyB says before anyone can make suggestions they will need more info on devices/software being used.

I would suggest asking within this part of the forum:

Player & App - NOW Community (nowtv.com)

Hope you get it resolved.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll reply to RoyB anyway.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update: today it just installed. All is fine! Go figure.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Jayach 

I reached out in the Force 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW should employ you then to fix every problem that way 🙂

Baffles me how what didn't work yesterday does today, but am not questioning it.

Can't be bothered to complain, but if there was a way to contact NOW over that, I couldn't find it! I went from link to link following suggested so-called "Contacts", and got giddy just stuck in a loop. Oh, well. Thanks a lot for trying to help - sorry, for helping with the Force, I mean.