cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Advice needed on new phone line installation

I’ve just signed up for a new 12 month super fibre broadband & anytime calls contract and during the registration I was told I need to have a new phone line installed. The thing is I already have a phone line. Any ideas why I need a new one? Is it because I didn't type in the landline number when signing up? I don't know what it is so I couldn't.  I also stated that I wanted a new number, again as I don't know the existing one.  Could it be because of that or something completely different? Cheers. 

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

I’ve just signed up for a new 12 month super fibre broadband & anytime calls contract and during the registration I was told I need to have a new phone line installed. The thing is I already have a phone line. Any ideas why I need a new one?

See below

Is it because I didn't type in the landline number when signing up?

Yes.

I don't know what it is so I couldn't. 

Could you have put ‘unknown’?vOr called your mobile from the line, if it were still in service, and seeing what the mobile screen showed as the calling number?

I also stated that I wanted a new number, again as I don't know the existing one.  Could it be because of that or something completely different?

That happens quite often, so I don’t think it was that.

Cheers. 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.