cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Activation date passed – Helpline says "there is a delay with no further information".

I signed up for NowTV Broadband over two weeks ago. I received my router but the internet light is still a solid amber.

My activation date was September 9th. We're the 10th, the "Track Your Order" still shows the 9th.

I called the helpline – I was told there is a third-party delay (Openreach) but we have no other information! You'll get a call from us within 3 days to give you more information.

What sort of service is that? Not respecting a date shown, not informing me proactively of a delay, not knowing anything about it, and then telling me you may need three days just to call me back with more info (probably to ask me to wait further)?

Erm... This is infuriating as I work from home and my partner is at risk. Infuriating. Such a let down.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having exactly the same problem! Set my activation date for the 14th September as I wasn’t sure exactly which date I would be moving into my new property. Plugged the router in on the 18th thinking it would work straight away but now have been told over the phone there’s delay of at least 3 days and so I have no internet for the first week of university... Extremely unhelpful. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am in exactly the same position.

How long was it until your service went live?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After my last message I had to wait just over two weeks for a BT Openreach engineer to be sent to fix my line and to have working broadband.