cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Access denied, you dont have permission to access "..." on this server

Hi Team,

For the last three days, I can't access several websites due to the error " Access denied, you don't have permission to access "..." on this server. This happened with all the devices using the wifi. Even my Playstation 5 can not access the PlayStation network.

When I tried to use other networks, everything was still normal. So I think it happened because of the issues with my broadband.

I did try some ways to solve problems such as clearing the browsing history, and rebooting the router,... but it still not working. 

Please let me know if you have any solution for this

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like your Broadband Buddy is blocking certain access to different websites or networks.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-and-Billing-Broadband/Age-content-restriction-on-devices-even-when-parental-controls/m-p/588825 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Even if Broadband Buddy has been changed previously from it's default setting, maybe try a different age rating or try the allow / block custom option.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/broadband-buddy-troubleshooting 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps , it's still not working even when I turned off the Broadband Buddy or change the setting

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot but have you gone into the NOW Hub Router web page settings and try disabling IPV6.

Do you get the same error or denied access over Ethernet.

MartinJ
Advocate

@Anonymous User 

There is another explanation if you have VPN enabled then turn it off, then you have NowTV back, don't know why you can not watch NowTV with VPN enabled, you can access ITVX,You Tube,Netflix etc with it enabled so why not NowTV

RoyB
Legend

@MartinJ 

if you have a VPN on, then it defeats geolocation, and Now’s content providers require geographic limits to be strictly observed.

I’m very surprised those other sites you mention don’t have the same restrictions.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Depends on the VPN. 

My VPN allows multiple regions of Disney+, Paramount+ and some Netflix regions. Cannot comment on NOW however 😜

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

I think you have that slightly backwards. Whereas your VPN allows you to pop up in various selected geographical locations, it’s Disney, etc., who are allowing you in over the VPN.

As the streaming providers learn what the IP addresses are that VPN providers use, and block them, the VPN providers are playing cat and mouse by deploying new IP addresses.

Now relies on detecting the behaviour of a VPN and blocking it in case it’s coming from outside the region that Now allows, irregardless of whether it is or not.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.