cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

AV Receiver Help

I have a NowTV Smart Box, Phillips TV and a Pioneer VSX-330 AV Receiver all connected together. The NowTV Box is connected to the TV via HDMI, the AV Receiver connected to the TV via HDMI ARC and an audio cable too. I can get the sound working fine but every time I turn the TV/NowTV on I have to reset the TVs audio out to HDMI despite it already being selected. The TV has an HDMI ARC port and when reading the AV Receiver manual I was expecting it not to need the audio cable but doesn't seem to work without it. Also when I connect the NowTV box straight to the AV Receiver via HDMI I get sound but no picture. I have read about HDMI 'handshakes' and tried starting them all up in different sequences but I've had no joy so far. Any help would be appreciated!!
1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I presume you know that the TV needs to support ARC, and the HDMI cable you connect between the TV and the Pioneer needs to be a High Speed one, plugged into the HDMI port on the TV specifically labelled ARC, and into HDMI Out on the VSX-330?

But you may not know that as per pages 14 and 30 of the VSX-330 manual, you need to turn ARC capability ON, on the VSX-330, as described there.

I think that perhaps you haven’t done this, which is why you are having to rely on the extra audio cable, and also why ARC isn’t working like you expect.

Can you check this, fix it if it is the issue, remove the audio cable to check that you now get audio back from the TV/NowTV Smart Box via ARC, and report back, with any remaining issues there might be?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.