cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HAPPYMELON

5G Access point not visible on devices (it's enabled)

Hi,

Split my 2G and 5G networks when I first got the hub2. All worked fine and dandy. Ended up pulling the hub's mains plug out by mistake and now the 5G network I set up is no longer visible. Settings on the router are the same as before. Even started afresh by synchronising 2g/5g again etc. Tried reboot. Only thing I haven't done is reset to factory settings. Unsure if this will mean I need to login to WiFi on every single device again once I've set up the settings again. Hoping there might be some advice that could avoid this. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @HAPPYMELON 

Have you ensured the allow broadcast 5ghz SSID name box is ticked and then click the green Apply button under the Hub 2 webpage settings ?

If you haven't changed the SSID name and Wi-Fi password, you shouldn't lose them when factory resetting the NOW Router back to it's default settings so your devices should reconnect automatically.

You will need to go into both Wi-Fi bands again on the Router and split the band's making sure you click the green Apply button for both bands.

Jayach
Elite 3

@HAPPYMELON wrote:

Only thing I haven't done is reset to factory settings. Unsure if this will mean I need to login to WiFi on every single device again once I've set up the settings again.

I think you definitely need to try the factory reset. As long as the Wi-Fi settings are the same as they were before (either default, or your own) everything will reconnect fine.