4K HDR & Atmos incoming….

12 REPLIES 12
allanc
Scholar 3

@Officer_K 

Just read that on sky community . Excellent news 😀

Officer_K
Mentor

Saw it on Sky forums too. Link seems to have been taken down now though. Weird. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Officer_K @allanc alternative report

https://www.pocket-lint.com/tv/news/now-tv/156945-sky-s-now-plans-include-4k-hdr-as-part-of-boost-ad...

Keep in mind, no timeline mentioned, lots of "possibilities" and "something we're looking at."

I'll bet my house neither will be part of Now this time next year.

Officer_K
Mentor

@Saint1976  LOL - you're probably right! The other report which has been removed sounded more positive and mentioned Atmos could appear before the end of the year. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is very surprising to me like others I expect it won't come this year but maybe sometime next year. Sounds like Now is finally becoming not just a poor mans Sky TV which it shouldn't be. 

I would settle for a longer tv guide and full 50FPS for remaining sports channels and on demand content this year though I think that is realistic to expect.

Boost doesn’t even provide 5.1 sound on the tv 4K at the moment!

So I’d prefer them to sort THAT out before heading of into la-la-land with promises of 4K & Dolby Atmos…

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dr_necessitor 

Agreed and also at least getting LG devices supported with 50fps would be a start. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have NOW as part of my BT TV package, just wondering if the channels on my 4K BT TV box will benefit from the 4K picture and ATMOS sound?  Can't see any mention of that in the press release.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s not official, all it is that something which the powers at be are looking at. 
However the fact it’s been mentioned is a start.

Suspect it won’t be this year, although I would love to be proven wrong!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help