cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2.4g Smart plugs

I have not been able to get my nowtv router to recognise my smart plugs. After seeking advice from nowtv l changed the router to separate the 2.4g and 5G and turned off the buddy but nothing has changed. I have a 2.4g security camera and that works fine without separating the frequencies. I have 2 different makes of smart plug Teckin and Eufy, neither work.

16 REPLIES 16
chilli2
Elite

Try calling the wifi bands a different name one ending in 24 and the other in 5g

Jayach
Elite 3

@chilli2 wrote:

Try calling the wifi bands a different name one ending in 24 and the other in 5g

I don't have the Now router, but presumably splitting the bands gives them different SSIDs?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Click/tap the little camera in the toolbar above your posting as you write it.

If you can’t see the little camera, then you are too new to be allowed it, and should put the photos on an external web resource, and link to that with the little chain links item.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On my iPhone in Wifi settings, the Eufy smart plug is in “My networks” but if you try to make it live, firstly you get the message “UNSECURED NETWORK” and changes to “NO INTERNET CONNECTION”. On my Android phone in Wi-Fi settings it just says “CONNECTED, NO INTERNET”

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Ah - the Eufy being in ‘My networks’ means that it is being a WiFi device in its own right. A bit like a hotspot is.

This probably means that you should temporarily connect your iPhone to that WiFi, which won’t need a password, as it is unsecured, and have a little private dialogue with the plug; it probably wants you to teach it the SSID and password of your regular WiFi, so it can try to connect to that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have given up with these smartplugs, l have tried all the suggestions and nothing has happened. Have purchased 2 new ones and they have worked immediately with the original settings without splitting the channels. I am left with 6 smartplugs that won’t work.

thankyou for all your help

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you split the 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi bands did you also untick the synchronise 2.4 and 5ghz box in the 5ghz wireless tab and also hit the green apply button ?

Also has a quick test on the six Smart plugs that run on 2.4ghz try unticking all four boxes in the NOW Router 5ghz wireless tab has per the instructions on this link internet article below to see if you can get any of the six Smart plugs to connect to the NOW Hub 2 Router.

Perhaps try one at a time, rather than all six altogether.

https://hints-tips-help.co.uk/smart-life-app-google-home-installing-teckin-smart-plugs-help-and-router-fix