cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2.4g Smart plugs

I have not been able to get my nowtv router to recognise my smart plugs. After seeking advice from nowtv l changed the router to separate the 2.4g and 5G and turned off the buddy but nothing has changed. I have a 2.4g security camera and that works fine without separating the frequencies. I have 2 different makes of smart plug Teckin and Eufy, neither work.

16 REPLIES 16
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User what app are you using to install/control the plugs?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Teckin app and Eufy clean app

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User look at the other suggestions that users have given but also try a 3rd party app like SmartLife or TuyaSmart. I have smart bulbs that for the life of me couldn't get to work with their parent app but worked first time with SmartLife.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks l will give it a try
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Turn off the 5GHz band, so all the plugs can find is 2.4GHz. Once they are connected, you should be OK to turn 5GHz back on.

I have Teckins, and they are too stupid to know that they can’t connect on 5GHz, and keep trying to, though they do stick to 2.4GHz once connected to that band 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you, l will give it a try and let you know.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried all the suggestions but to no avail.

I have noticed 1 thing though, when the eufy plug shows on my phone wifi settings it gives a message “unsecured network “ is this the problem ?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Can you post a screenshot, or at least more closely describe precisely what you are looking at on your phone, when you see this message?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do l attach photos ?