cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2.4 ghz band

Anyone know how to make the 2.4 ghz band faster, it’s only 6 mbps. I need to for rooms downstairs

3 REPLIES 3
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sorry , @Anonymous User but no. The speed of your wifi is tied to your broadband speed. So a slow broadband means slow wifi. Interference from electrical devices (bluetooth, energy-saving light bulbs, microwave ovens amongst others) can and will disrupt the 2.4 ghz wifi band but that interference tends to cause drop-outs and spotty reception rather than a slow down. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Mark_Weinreb  @Anonymous User 

Hi Mark

When I saw Khaled's post it made think about Wi-Fi extenders rather than more speed, especially when he wrote "I need to for rooms downstairs". So, I believe, he is likely to require a Wi-Fi Extender, similar to the one pictured below, and not a more expensive broadband package. 

TP Link Wi-Fi Extender.jpg

You see, 6Mbps is OK to get a good signal for Now TV use but if the router is upstairs and the TV, and other Internet devices, are downstairs then Khaled will need distance rather than extra speed.

You know, this distance diagnosis is..... funny.  There's no real way of knowing if you're going down the right road.

Later.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Currys do a decent one £29.99 it is dual band and has helped me with boosting my signal, even if the Now team haven't!