cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steven_mckinlay
Advocate

17th May activation, 2 calls, tech 2, no tone

Ordered broadband around 4weeks ago, received activation date of 17th May. Received router. Installed router. 

No tone on line from 17th May. Called nowtv twice now. Whom both times told me transfered to teir 2, 2nd time 'moved' forward for investigation.

Only issue from my side that I have advised nowtv regarding a nowtv £1 payment that was blocked by my bank, fraud. All cleared up now. But nowtv say its nothing to do with that payment and an issue with openreach.

I had a look km openreach website and no way to speak to anyone!

Better connected my ######!

Can someone please sort this out. All this for cheap broadband. Cheap for what reason may I ask?

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Steven_mckinlay 

No-one from NOW will be able to help on the forum as it’s used by customers like you and me. 
All I can suggest is to keep pestering NOW by calling the broadband team and threaten to move provider. Although you could be stuck between a rock and hard place as most companies rely on OpenReach for their network. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

If you have switched suppliers, and the broadband is working but the landline is not, it is up to the gaining supplier (Now in this case) to sort out. Nothing to do with Openreach.

Stig
Scholar

Set up date on 26 ,8 till 1pm.No engineer arrived so I plugged things in myself and no internet light on router.Phone not working either, absolutely shocking !!!. Tried all-sorts of complaints via web site you just end up going round and round I suppose you get what you pay for.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheap because its crap. I've made the same mistake of moving to now and 1 day in am regretting my decision. Their engineer came yesterday. He was rude and impolite. Told me I had a new number when I'd asked to retain my number which I've had for 12 years. Didn't want to do the work because we have a dog. Our dog is so soft and friendly, he is also old and ill and sleeps most of the day on the sofa in the lounge, but I was made to lock him up in the dining room. After all the hassle to get connected, phone isn't working the next day. I can't even figure out how to report it. I have a 10,000 word dissertation to write, and am really worried the broadband won't be working either. Fortunately we still have e Virgin broadband for 3 more days. I feel your pain

Stig
Scholar

Pay cheap pay twice is an old saying but true.Wife needs broadband because she works from home and she told me not to switch from Virgin, simply appalling.Luckily still on virgin but it will be disconnected today.If possible I am going to try and get reconnected back to Virgin.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

NOW don't have broadband engineers, anything broadband related outside of the router itself is maintained by OpenReach. 

@Anonymous User @Stig 

Number for the broadband team, 

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/installation-and-setup

NOW Broadband Members can call us 8am–8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412472

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Steven_mckinlay
Advocate

2nd date for activation today, received email from nowtv yesterday sating account closed! Called nowtv today, says its not cancelled although another part say it is???

10mins on hold and nowtv come back and say the order did not reach openreach in the first instance and all this has been a carry on! That I would not receive compensation as nowtv blame openraleach and openreach did not receive the order????

I don't care. I deal with nowtv, they deal with openreach. 

So now I'm waiting on a manager to contact me. 

I'm not happy. I'm raging about this service. 

Stig
Scholar

I know it's annoying but they will sort it just try and keep positive it will get resolved soon.Compensation is only about Three quid a day for no service so you are not missing out by much.I got sorted and everything working well with Now TV so even after al the hassle I had I am glad I switched,best of luck.

Jayach
Elite 3

Now have signed up to the Ofcom automatic compensation scheme, so the compensation should be £5.25 per day.

Jayach_0-1655301109839.png

Automatic compensation: What you need to know - Ofcom