cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi all

i have activated ny broadband bit when i need to use 1471 it says service unavailable how do i activate this please

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is no activation for 1471 it's not a bolt on with NOW TV you just type 1471 into your telephone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Naomi,

It is not currently working. I would also like to activate 1571 answer phone. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you get no joy on here, then contact the nowtv broadband team about why the 1471 (free) feature is not working on your phone line.

Whilst speaking to them ask them to up grade your phone package for the 1571 voice mail service (i think it's £1 per month extra).

To find the telephone number go to My Account (when signed in) and select Broadband & Calls, click the drop down arrow on Phone Extras and click the change extras button, where a telephone number should appear on screen to call.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I will try that thank you for the advice 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am considering renewing my contract but how can i get 1471 and 1571 options

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The 1471 service should be free and included in your NowTV package and 1571 is an optional extra according to this link article below.

Never used either service to be honest on my NowTV Broadband & Call package so i can't confirm or not.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/call-features 

noeyedeer
Scholar 2

Did this ever get resolved? I've just switched my broadband from Sky to Now tv and the 1471 no longer works. When i dial 1471, it just says it's unavailable on this phone line. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@noeyedeer 

Give the broadband and calls team a phone to see if there is an issue, but the link supplied by @schnapps indicates that it should be available.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
noeyedeer
Scholar 2

Thanks, a phone call and it seems to now be working. 

Not impressed with the automated system, i got increasingly frustrated with it not understanding me saying "yes". Also seems not very intuitive, to have several questions where you "press 1" or "press 2" etc, but then it changes to you needing to say "yes" or "no" to other questions. First time, i just kept waiting for it tell me which button i needed to press for "yes". Second time, it told me i needed to say "yes" or "no", but when i did it couldn't understand my accent. By about the fifth time, it worked a charm!

The customer service/technician gentleman said it's a common problem when switching from Sky, something to do with the Sky Broadband Shield not being deactivated messing the line up. As a qualified computer engineer, i'm not sure i understand how that works, but as i've always never said "computers be crazy"!