cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

1471 not activated

Hi,

When I dial 1471 on my phone line it says that service isnt activated / available but it is listed on my plan as a free service. 

I swicthed from Sky and the 1471 on that used to work fine.

I called once and they just said I need to dial 1471 but that doesnt solve anything. Everytime I try live chat they can't help.

Can anyone advise on how I can fix this? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The 1471 feature should be included in your nowtv broadband package for free (1471 works for me on Nowtv).

Double check that your Sky Shield is not having any effect on your old Sky Broadband account by switching it off.

If no joy, give the nowtv broadband team a call, you will find the number under Broadband & Calls on here and click on update my plan or most other topic subjects on the page to reveal a telephone number.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The 1471 feature should be included in your nowtv broadband package for free (1471 works for me on Nowtv).

Double check that your Sky Shield is not having any effect on your old Sky Broadband account by switching it off.

If no joy, give the nowtv broadband team a call, you will find the number under Broadband & Calls on here and click on update my plan or most other topic subjects on the page to reveal a telephone number.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps,

Thanks for replying - much appreciated.

I'll try switching off the Sky Shield if I still have acess to that account. If it doesnt work I'll call them as you mentioned. Thanks!

Marys1956
Mentor

I’m having the same issue with 1471. And the incoming phone numbers aren’t being displayed either as they were with SKY, who I’ve just switched from. According to my package, both of these facilities should be activated. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Marys1956 

Give the broadband team a call. Number on link below. 

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/account/my-package/phone-extras/change

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help