cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

wifi not connected message all weekend on my LG tv

Hi  I have been getting error messages and wifi not connected on my LG smart tv.  I know there is no problem with my connection because I am using my laptop!

Is anyone else getting these messages?  I have tried turning off my router, waiting and then turning it on again and have also reset my router.  Any other suggestions?

Many thanks

• LG
5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a LG Television, but have you tried to unplug the power on the television for about a minute ?

Also does the LG Television have a Lan port and if so would it be practically possible to use an Ethernet cable between your Router & LG TV rather than wifi that is more unreliable.

You could find that the WiFi antenna on your Laptop is more reliable than the WiFi antenna inbuilt into the back of the LG Television.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that I will try it.  I have experienced a lot of buffering over the last week, but not this. It's disappointing because I have saved quite a lot to watch on catch-up - and it's Outlander tomorrow!

I will post the outcome when I have tried your suggestion.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I find the inbuilt wifi antenna on a lot of televisions are a bit flaky and underpowered from my experience (especially when they are placed tight up against a wall).

If practically possible i would always recommend the hard wired Ethernet option if it is possible from your television set and straight forward to run a Ethernet cable between the television and your Router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a LG tv connected to 500Mbps fibre internet via ethernet cable but recently the NOW TV app on the tv only works for a few minutes before crashing with the "Sorry, there was an error in the player" followed by "Unknown page error - Something's not right. Give it a moment, or check the internet connection.

Now TV crashes and I have to wait a while before trying again however, each time I can go to the YouTube app or Amazon Prime or Netflix  apps on the TV and stream without buffering or error.

So some unique problem with app on TV - tried re-installing - no different.

MacBook connected over wi-fi to same router works with Now TV desktop app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks - I turned the tv off at the socket and when I turned it on again it took my to  a screen which enabled me to enter my router password and since then it has worked perfectly.

I did come back the same day to say thanks but for some reason couldn't find the thread!

Thanks again.