cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

user name AND password not recognised on you view box

have scrawled the forums and no solution that helps me!

2 you view boxes,(1 BT and other talk talk but wireless and subs through BT), both been reset etc. only have 2 devices added to account, and I can stream from tablet and pc no problems. but cannot sign in on you view boxes! no error number just the message that it doesn't recognise username OR password. frustrating as I keep changing my password!

please help asap as I have to keep moving my chromcast around the house and put up with what my 3 year is watching!

thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. First off, bear in mind you can only watch the Cinema Pass on YouView boxes (and only for on-demand movies, no live channels) - all the other passes won't work on YouView. 

If that's OK, then open up the NOW TV app on your tablet and go to the My Account screen and check what username you are signed in with there. Then make sure this is the same username you are using to sign in with on your box. If you are signing in with an email address, you could also try removing the @ sign and everything after it, eg if your email address is "abc @  x.com" try signing in with just "abc"

If you still have problems try having a word with live chat who should be able to help. You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I only have a movies pass anyway.

have just tried again with just the first part of my email and no luck! still the same message. I

have looked in my account on pc and tablet to check if i have another username and i cant find one! Smiley Frustrated

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You should just have one username, it was just a case of checking on your phone to make sure you are using the right one! Both @schnapps and @commanda6 are YouView users and are better placed to help you than I am so I'll leave you in their capable hands and wish you luck. Do give live chat a try as well as mentioned above in case they can see a problem account-side.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I do own a YouView box, but I don't use the inbuilt NowTV App on the box where I prefer using other playback devices for reasons I have mentioned elsewhere on the forum.

I did try siging into my YouView box, just in case the "logging in" effected other customers, but I had no problems "signing in" my end.

Don't know what to suggest, so handing the baton over to @commanda6 to see if he has anything that you can try.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

You should just have one username, it was just a case of checking on your phone to make sure you are using the right one! Both @schnapps and @commanda6 are YouView users and are better placed to help you than I am so I'll leave you in their capable hands and wish you luck. Do give live chat a try as well as mentioned above in case they can see a problem account-side.

@Andy on new NowTV accounts certainly on NowTV accounts, which have been created on the past 12 months. Your email address is now used as your username. Specific  old-style 'usernames' are now something which is only present on older legacy accounts such as yours and mine. So if @Anonymous User account is a relatively new account, then they should login using the email address you used to sign up. Although that being said,  I believe you've always been able to login using the email address that is associated with your now TV account

One thing I would say to @Anonymous User is that if you're able to login on PC/other devices without any issues don't keep changing your password as your password isn't actually the problem. Something else is the issue.

I've been around long enough to remember that if you years back there were quite a large number of issues regarding signing in . Leave your password as it is, and NowTV will have to look into this in greater detail . To that end, I'm going to copy in @Karl-F , so that he gets alerted about this topic

CC @schnapps

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you singing into the YouView box with your nowtv username or email address ?

If you are using your email address what happens if you only enter your part email address and leave off the @xxxxxxxxx on the end of the email.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/error-messages-youview

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks guys. Appreciate your help and input anyway 👍