cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

tvOS 13 beta

I have just installed the latest developer beta for tvOS 13 and the NowTV app no longer loads and content at all. All that you can see is the menu bar at the top of the screen. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Latest beta update this morning seems to have resolved the app now guys 👍

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User 

It’s two 4th gen models I have - running latest Public beta build. Are you running developer build by any chance?

I completely wiped one of my Apple TVs and setup from scratch on the public beta again - same issue remains for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The latest public beta build, just updated today, I have 2 4th gen ones, works ok on both of them, but not on my 4K one

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s just stopped working on one of my other ones now 😢 nightmare, I’m gonna have to try and downgrade 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User spoke to now tv over live chat, they said they will escalate it to tech support team and they will reply by email, one of my boxes is still working but bet that one dies soon, they need to give us access to the beta

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for update @Anonymous User. Totally agree... would be more than happy to help with the NowTV beta program also.

I can deal with buggy software and OS’s (I know tvOS13 is beta after all) - it’s what I do for a living after all, but we all here know the state of the current NowTV app on Apple TV.. it worries me that it has been ignored this long, so wanted to be sure the new issues on tvOS 13 are highlighted.

Owensy85
Advocate

AFAIK, developer can’t update their apps to officially support iOS/tvOS 13 until it’s released.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They can add in whatever support they want.

Some apps have already rolled out some ios13 support (Scanner Pro for example - see the version history for v7.5.7 - https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/scanner-pro-pdf-scanner-fax/id333710667)

So yes, apps can add in support for any OS they like. Would be good for NowTV to add in full support for TvOS12 tbh... never mind 13!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Latest beta update this morning seems to have resolved the app now guys 👍