cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

tvOS 13 beta

I have just installed the latest developer beta for tvOS 13 and the NowTV app no longer loads and content at all. All that you can see is the menu bar at the top of the screen. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Latest beta update this morning seems to have resolved the app now guys 👍

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
RoyB
Legend

What, again?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB I'm just posting it here so the NowTV app devs are aware of the issue. If there is a better way to report this, please let me know.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

No, it’s fine. But you didn’t need to post twice - a single post with two tags would have done it.

But isn’t it Apple you should be reporting it to, at least in the first instance?

Since presumably, they broke it, and it would be incumbent on them to contact NowTV with details of the issue, if they determined that it was NowTV at fault, not them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

I wouldn’t think so. The NowTV app is a third party app developed by the NowTV dev team. It’s NowTV’s responsibility to stay up to date with changes Apple make to tvOS, not Apples. 

It’s true that NowTV need to be made of any framework changes to tvOS but Apple make this readily available on their development resource site. 

All I’m trying to do is report this to NowTV so that they do not have any issues when Apple release tvOS 13 to the public In the coming months. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The problem with looking at it this way is that there have been five previous betas, and there may be more betas to come.

So what’s to say this isn’t Apple’s problem, and NowTV shouldn’t be expending any resources on humouring a buggy beta?

I guess when and if it isn’t compatible with a Release Candidate, though, that NowTV might want to sit up and take notice about their app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Because heaven forbid they’d want to be proactive and attempt to have a stable app.

They’ve shown over the last 4 years a complete lack of interest in this app. So I hold out little hope of it’s deficiencies being addressed any time soon... least of all it’s inability to now function on TVOS13.

I have submitted as a bug via Apple’s iOS feedback app. I believe *this* forum is the only place such info can be submitted direct to NowTV. @Anonymous User @Thanks for starting the thread.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I reported to Apple too, hopefully there’ll be an update to Now TV soon as well, sadly severely neglected over the years

@Anonymous User  A new app for the Apple tv platform is currently (still) in beta testing, but no idea when it will be released 😟

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It works on the 4th gen Apple TV running tvOS 13 but not on the 5th gen 4K version, let’s hope this makes them get a move on and release the new app. Not holding my breath though