cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

stream quality on android tv

hi all

How do i know i'm watching NOW tv in HD, i have an TCL Google Android TV? I get 989 streaming quality.

I can watch netflix in 4K HDR etc.

Am i watching NOW TV in HD or  not. Am i wasting my money on Boost?

My internet speed is between 150-270mph. I use 5g via Hauwei CPE pro 5g.

Thank for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When did you buy boost? As it can take up to 4 hours for it to become active on the devices your trying to watch.

Normally logging out and back in will kick start boost on that particular device.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost
If you've added Boost via our website, your account could take up to 4 hours to reflect the fact that you've added it. To get around this, you can trigger your account to update by signing out of the NOW app and signing back in again.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When did you buy boost? As it can take up to 4 hours for it to become active on the devices your trying to watch.

Normally logging out and back in will kick start boost on that particular device.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost
If you've added Boost via our website, your account could take up to 4 hours to reflect the fact that you've added it. To get around this, you can trigger your account to update by signing out of the NOW app and signing back in again.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Adding to what @gavs82008 said, 989 - presumably shown top right when you pause a stream? - isn’t Full HD, 1080p, for which a figure slightly north of 7000 is to be expected,

OTOH, 989 seems a long way south of 720p….

You certainly have fast internet there though - looks like it could outrun a Porsche 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

🙂 thank you