cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

samsung tv app

how do i get the app on my samsung tv?
i have checked everything abd followed the instructions but it will not find it.
yes my tv model is a JS as per the info.
help please. tia.
52 REPLIES 52
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I will try again later but I have tried that everyday since its been announced with no luck.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I have just heard back from our team who have been in touch with Samsung regarding this.

At the moment the NOW TV App is not available on the the JS8000 and JS8500  models of Samsung TV.

We don't have an exact date for when this launches but I will let you know when I hear more.

Sorry about this.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ok......so who is buying me a now tv box?? as you are the ones advertising that my model supports your app!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

In light of the new information that we have just received from Samsung we are in the process of updating our Supported Devices article.

I can only apologise for this however as our App is still in the Beta stages of trial on Samsung TV's this is the type of bug that the trial is designed to find and allows our team to get it fixed.

So unfortunately we woudln't be able to offer you a NOW TV Box.

As soon as I hear any more news on the availability of the App on your model of TV I will update you via here.

Thanks

Andy 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Samsung TV UE48JU6400 and am facing the same issue. When I contacted the help centre yesterday, after an hour long conversation, I was told the beta app is also for TVs starting with S and not U. The TVs starting with U are UHD and Now TV beta app is not for them. But the site doesn't say anything about this. Not sure how difficult it is to have an app for full HD (starting with S) and UHD TVs (starting with U) both.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi - which help centre did you contact?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I contacted the live chat from now tv help. Will try to see for the app later today on samsung tv ap store. Is there a beta API link from which I can download the app from my TV browser until it comes on the app store?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

doesnt surprise me that you make up a get out clause for your own good! always the same with sky!
dont worry about the people out here reading up before they spend hundreds of pounds on a tv which you advertise yo do what we want!
sam old same old with sky!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User - try downloading the app now, you should be able to see it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

but the poster above says is wont work on U model numbers.....????