cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

samsung tv app

how do i get the app on my samsung tv?
i have checked everything abd followed the instructions but it will not find it.
yes my tv model is a JS as per the info.
help please. tia.
52 REPLIES 52
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's the exact model number of your Samsung television?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi, its UE48JS8500
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

According to our help article your model of TV should be covered to get the Samsung App.

However I have 1 other customer who has the same model as you and are also unable to get it.

Let me send an email to the team who are looking after the Samsung App and I will get back to you once I know more.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

The team have confirmed that your model of TV is supported.

Would you be able to check for a filmware update for your TV and then search for NOW TV in the app store after that ?

If however your still not seeing the NOW TV App our team have recommended contacting Samsung directly to ask why its not visible.

Thanks

Andy

nickmorc
Expert 2

Hi, any ideas on timescales for updating the JU series ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @nickmorc

We don't have any dates confirmed at the moment, however keep an eye out for updates as it is due to launch soon on your model of TV.

You can keep upto date here.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I contacted Samsung and got this reply...

In reference with the query you have stated on your email concerning the mentioned catch-up TV application, I am afraid we don't seem to have this application as one of our authorised catch-up TV application. Provided below is a link that will direct you to our website showing the authorised catch-up TV applications that can downloaded on your television:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/smarttvapps/tv-on-demand.html
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for letting me know @Anonymous User, I shall go back to our teams and let them know.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Would it be possible to try this method to see if you can see our App

"try navigating to the Samsung app area and selecting the video category which includes all the video apps, including NOW TV. The customer would need to scroll across the apps to get to NOW TV"

Thanks

Andy