cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

samsung tv app

how do i get the app on my samsung tv?
i have checked everything abd followed the instructions but it will not find it.
yes my tv model is a JS as per the info.
help please. tia.
52 REPLIES 52
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi - I also have the H6400 Samsung. Just wondering if there had been any update. There is a software update to 2820 so was wondering if that would add the now TV app on (I'm currently on software 2800), however I don't want to update the software otherwise/without good reason in the event it affects something else. Thanks
Geluk
Expert 2

Just update + report back-- never had issues when I've updated; my set set to auto update.

Not updating could be a potential security risk too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Geluk. What version software are you on and have you got the now TV app?(what idea of Samsung have you got)
Geluk
Expert 2

SOFTWARE:

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Signed up yesterday and i suppose I should have checked on the TV itself first but there is no NowTV app.
It's a 2015 Smart TV and since i read 2015 and 2016 models are supported i just assumed it would be there.
I can't remember the model number but i did have it written down and there is definitely the J something letters.
So any ideas why it's not showing up?
I've reset the TV and the smart hub but still no sign.
Geluk
Expert 2

Do ensure your TV set to auto updates via settings.

Also keep checking the TV's apps section to see if  NOWTV logo appears.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's set to auto update and I've checked the update manually too.

Smart Hub apps also set to auto update.

Checked through every app on there and also tried searching but no sign of it.

Got all the iPlayer, ITV Hub Demand 5 etc things plus Amazon, Netflix, Talk Talk and hundreds I've never even heard of but no NowTV.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's your Samsung televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Model: EU32J4510AK
Software: 1117
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sigh... I've just cancelled my SKY package after 6 years due to unreliable internet and TV and the fact i was paying £106 a month for it all.
So i try NowTV so i still get the few channels i actually watch and find it's a non starter.
We have 3 of those same TVs upstairs and despite being 2015 models, can't get NowTV on any of them.
Have an LG smart TV in the living room and that also can't seem to get it.
I can't cast it to my Chromecast because my phone is rooted and i cant watch it on my Chromebook because silverlight.
Had it 3 days now and not watched a single thing.
Thank god it's only a free trial. I hoped the trial would give me an idea of whether it's suitable before lashing out on any NowTV boxes but since i cant find out it's just been a waste of time.
I won't be renewing when the trial ends.