cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Could not register the device. Maximum allowed registered devices exceeded" Error on registered TV

Hey, 

I've a Samsung TV which is registered as one of my 4 devices with NOW TV. But now I'm getting the error " "Could not register the device. Maximum allowed registered devices exceeded"

I've logged out and in again, and checked my list of devices, and it's definlty registered

Any ideas?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User try removing it from the list and then readding it. If that doesn't work ask chat to free up the slot and then add it.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have done that, didn't solve the problem.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Head onto live chat, Now TV staff should be able to sort it for you. Just make sure you click “chat online” within the green box 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User got same problem. App was working fine but this morning the "signed me out " and when trying to log in again got the same message as you. I checked the website my samsung tv is still listed on device list. Have you got solution for this?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had the same issue on an xbox. Signed me out a few days ago, get error message now, however its still on the list. Massive pain with the device limit change. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The same has happened to our Xbox. Any idea how to fix this? It’s still on the list but when I click to watch something it says maximum number of devices. Getting stupid now. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

A few Xbox owners have reported this, i don't know if any new software update either on the Xbox or NowTV App has screwed up Xbox users device list on their account.

If you haven't got any device swaps this calendar month left, by going onto Devices on here and removing the Xbox from your account list and then try watching the nowtv App again on your Xbox.

Then i would suggest jumping over to live chat and ask them to reset your device list.

Link here to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue on Xbox, I don’t see any Now TV app update on the Xbox from the last few days so this issue is definitely on Now TV’s end.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please could someone help me on why my now tv is saying this, don’t want to be paying for something I can’t use.

thank you