cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

poor picture on TV when have laptop connected to wifi

Help - first I have BT infinity for nearly a month some issues but getting there. I have the smart hub wired connected to my samsung TV whilst my laptop is wireless.

The oddest thing and I have tried this three times is that if I am connected to the internet through the web and mail on my laptop then I get very poor pictures for much of the time when I view programmes on Now through my samsung TV.

I am useless with tech (old bloke) but is this possible and if so is there a solution? the weirdest thing

thanks and can I have spell check on these posts!

Graham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am on BT Infinity and I get a decent stable picture using the NowTV services.

The only things that I can suggest is maybe turn off your Router at the power mains for say 20 minutes to see if there is any improvements and if there is no difference maybe try disabling the smart setup on the BT Router.

Instructions here

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

PS The forum does have a spell checker tool by going to the ABC tab on the top of the tool bar before posting a message Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am on BT Infinity and I get a decent stable picture using the NowTV services.

The only things that I can suggest is maybe turn off your Router at the power mains for say 20 minutes to see if there is any improvements and if there is no difference maybe try disabling the smart setup on the BT Router.

Instructions here

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

PS The forum does have a spell checker tool by going to the ABC tab on the top of the tool bar before posting a message Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much 

see the spellchecker so great

will try the suggestion so frustrated that things just don't work out of the box with BT!!

Graham

Anonymous User
Not applicable

had a thought and turned off BT TV and have now watched Now TV for an hour without a poor/fuzzy picture . 

think this will be my option until or if this doesnt work in the long term!

Graham

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yeah, reducing the number of internet connected devices running on your network should help Smiley Happy

With my BT TV Box I always tend to leave it on channel 101 BBC One HD before switching the box into standby.

Fingers crossed, hopefully you are now sorted Smiley Happy