cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

pluto tv app not working

Hi can anybody please help me I cant get my Pluto tv app to work on my Now tv box have uninstalled & reinstalled  the app & have run updates on the Now tv box When I do click on the App I get the Pluto tv screen come up for about a second then it goes to the app selcion screen I know this has happened to other people but cant find the solution

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There has been a couple of reports of the Disney + and Spotify Apps not currently working on NOW branded Boxes or Sticks.

Your the first recently with regards to the Pluto TV App.

I haven't got access at the moment to my NOW 4K Smart box to check the Pluto TV App on it.

For me the DIsney + App is still running fine, but the Spotify App doesn't open.

Somebody over on Twitter who was having problems with the Disney + App got it eventually working, but had to remove a couple of Apps in their My Apps section that they don't use to get the Disney + App running.

I tried this myself for the Spotify App, without any luck.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There has been a couple of reports of the Disney + and Spotify Apps not currently working on NOW branded Boxes or Sticks.

Your the first recently with regards to the Pluto TV App.

I haven't got access at the moment to my NOW 4K Smart box to check the Pluto TV App on it.

For me the DIsney + App is still running fine, but the Spotify App doesn't open.

Somebody over on Twitter who was having problems with the Disney + App got it eventually working, but had to remove a couple of Apps in their My Apps section that they don't use to get the Disney + App running.

I tried this myself for the Spotify App, without any luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi tried removing a couple of apps including the Pluto tv app Did a system restart & reinstalled the Pluto tv app but am afraid its still not working But thank you for the idea It was woth trying

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Worst case you could try a factory reset to the box. Might not resolve the issue, but at least it’s another form of troubleshooting that you can say you’ve tried that’s not worked.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Might be a good idea to remove the accepted answer to my post if my suggestions didn't resolve it.

I will check my NOW box in the morning to see if the Pluto TV App is working for me or not.

I am assuming you have tried the trouble steps in this linked guide.

I couldn't see anything reported recently on either on the NOW Twitter help or Pluto TV Twitter feed.

Nor over on the Roku Community Forums.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-box-stick 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I tried the Pluto TV App on both my NOW 4K box and Roku Stick last night and both devices played fine.

I found these instructions over on the Roku forum this morning and when I usually remove Apps I don't bother powering down the Roku device for a minute before adding a fresh version of the App back again on my devices.

I will give this method a try tonight with regards to the problem Spotify App on my NOW box to see if the 1 minute power down makes any difference or not.

If the below instructions on the link below doesn't work for you then see if NOW live chat can assist further, they might bounce you off to the third party App developer Pluto TV themselves. 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/PlutoTV-won-t-open/td-p/677560

Edit - Or try the System Restart in the NOW box Settings if you haven't done it already.

Though a system restart should be the same has temporarily pulling the power plug. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I couldn't test the above this evening, because once I fired up my NOW 4K Smart box the Spotify App resolved it's self without me doing nothing.

If I do come across a broken App on my NOW box in the future I will try the method suggested by Roku in the link I posted above.